“Beekeeping can be fun and profitable.”
Making Money from Honey has scheduled an event for early November in Edmonton, Alberta! The likely date is Sunday, November 5. We haven’t offered this class in Edmonton before, so we are happy to see that this opportunity is opening up. Beekeepers from across northern Alberta are invited to contact us about the workshop. More information will be posted here, on this website.
Aspiring participants may contact either Neil or Ron to reserve a spot at the course. It’s a one-day program that will help you earn a little extra cash, design plans for your beekeeping future, and avoid costly mistakes – while enjoying the hobby/business of beekeeping.
Our April offering in Calgary sold out quickly and had great positive feedback from participants. We have refined the course (just a little) for the November program. If you can make it, just bring a pen and notepad and a keen mind. You’ll really need that keen brain because the amount of material we cover in about seven hours is almost overwhelming!
Here are some of our topics:
– growing from backyard hobby to sideliner to commercial;
– equipment choices and shop/honey house considerations;
– finances, projections, expectations, difficulties, setbacks, and success;
– how much money to expect from bees in a typical year;
– handling and marketing your products;
– case histories of good and bad beekeeping businesses;
– the beekeeper personality and lifestyle.
How do people make money keeping bees?
You’ll find out with Making Money from Honey
When? Sunday, November 5, 2017
Where? Pirates Rugby Club at 1901 167 Av. in NE Edmonton. That’s close to the Alberta Hospital. Parking is at the site.
The $139 fee includes lunch, handouts, and a full day of lectures!
For details and to reserve your spot, e-mail Ron Miksha: email@example.com