Making Money from Honey
– a beekeeping course taught by Neil Bertram and Ron Miksha
“Beekeeping can be fun and profitable.”
This photo was taken at the Calgary Bee Club’s annual banquet. If you look closely, you’ll see me near the screen. I had the honour of delivering this year’s after-dinner talk.
My subject was about honey – what’s in it and why it’s a great food. If you missed the banquet (Shame!) and my talk, here’s a video made from the presentation:
That honey talk was in January. Now it’s, March already! In fact, Spring has started. If you are a beekeeper, you are about to become very, very busy. But if you are a beekeeper, you’ve been eagerly waiting for the weather to improve so you can shake the long winter and get busy!
If you are thinking of improving your bee economics skills this spring, attending Making Money from Honey, April 22, 2017, may be exactly what you need. This will be our third offering of the workshop and we will again focus on what you need to do to improve your chances of making a beekeeping profit.
To participate next month, keep watching this page, or better yet, send Ron an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and get on the spring 2017 session list. If you can make it, just bring a pen and notepad and a keen mind. You’ll really need that keen brain because the amount of material we cover in about seven hours is almost overwhelming!
Here are some of our topics:
– growing from backyard hobby to side-liner to commercial;
– equipment choices and shop/honey house considerations;
– finances, projections, expectations, difficulties, setbacks, and success;
– how much money to expect from bees in a typical year;
– handling and marketing your products;
– case histories of good and bad beekeeping businesses;
– the beekeeper personality and lifestyle.
How do people make money keeping bees?
You’ll find out with Making Money from Honey
When? Saturday, April 22, 2017: 9 am to 4:30 pm
Where? Palliser-Braeside-Pumphill Community Centre at 2323 Palliser Drive SW Calgary
The fee of $139 includes pizza, handouts, and a full day of lectures!
For details and to reserve your spot, e-mail Ron Miksha: email@example.com